Ken Walters – Principal Risk Consultant
singletreff hamburg / harburg Summary:
click to investigate Ken Walters is an engineering consultant specialising in the safety and reliability of control and electrical systems.
rencontres à lure badoo Ken has over 40 years experience in the process industries and has pursued a career in electrical, instrument and control engineering.
sitios de citas gratis uruguay Qualifications:
Bachelor of Engineering, University of Western Australia (1967)
Bachelor of Commerce, University of Melbourne (1977)
rencontre femme ukraine mariage Experience:
At Kengineering, Ken has completed a range of specialist engineering assignments for a wide range of enterprises including:
- Biological laboratory isolation
- Chemical manufacture
- Electricity generation
- Electrolytic refining
- Equipment manufacturing
- Legal prosecution and defence
- Mineral processing
- Oil and gas production and transmission
- Polyurethane foam injection
- Pulp and paper manufacture
- Steel making
- Water supply
Particular focus has been on the Classification of Hazardous Areas and the Leading of Hazard Studies, including Control HAZOP Studies. Other assignments have related to Risk and Reliability Investigations; Specialist Engineering Audits; and the provision of expert evidence and training.
For many years Ken has been Australia’s nominated expert on the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) committees that developed and later revised the seven parts of IEC 61508 ‘Functional safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety-related systems’.
Previous roles and experience at SHE Pacific Pty Ltd (Orica’s safety/health/environment consulting subsidiary) included:
- Senior Practitioner for Control Hazard Studies and for Electrical Hazard Studies
- Expert Person for Classification of Hazardous Areas
- Lead Auditor for Specialist Engineering Audits (Electrical & Control)
- Trainer in the management of safety-critical instrumentation and AS/IEC 61508
Previous roles and experience at ICI Australia Limited included:
- ICI Australia Company Instrument/Control Engineer (at ICI Australia Engineering)
- Engineering Manager (at ICI Australia’s Laverton PVC polymer plant)
Prior to Ken’s risk consulting roles, earlier roles included design, construction and project work; and the ongoing investigation, maintenance and management of complex plant.